PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers , email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
In summary, we collect your personal information directly from you in most cases, where reasonable and practicable. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
• through your access and use of our website;
• during conversations between you and our representatives; or
• when you complete an application or purchase order; or
• when the law requires.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Other uses also including so that we can perform our animal welfare and related activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of supporter and client service.
In summary, in order to continue to provide and improve these services, products and activities to you as a supporter and/or client, we require your personal information, in particular:
• to provide news, information, products and services to you and to send communications to you;
• to answer enquiries and provide advice about existing and new campaigns, services or products;
• to conduct activities including providing personal information to contractors, service providers or other third parties when necessary;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, activity or service development, quality control and research purposes of Vit’i5 or its service providers;
• to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
• our employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our supporter and customer services, and to otherwise provide information, products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, where this is necessary to provide you with a service or product; and
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED.
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorised access, etc. We protect your data using encryption i.e. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a function that encrypts all information sent between buyer and seller.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You can also engage with Viti5 Australia through social media, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. You can always control how you receive content through each website’s settings. Occasionally, we may get in touch with you via social media if you aren’t a follower by using the details on your record, such as email address. If you prefer we don’t do this, please let our team know via email.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years old.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write us the letter and post to PO Box 5105, Daisy Hill QLD 4127
- Phone 04 35 970 182